Translate

07 February, 2016

Rose Special

Another sketch from Mojo Monday. 

Doesn't everyone like flowers?  I felt like making a more vintage-shabby card and started from the rose postcard.  The background paper is actually dark green and sort of an neutral grey-beige colour and the strip with the glitter is dark green (unfortunately shows up as black however I take the photo, the glitter is green too). The strip is punched on one side (waste of time because it's now covered up) and a fine d/s tape run along the top edge with glitter pressed into it (always nice to have a wee bit of sparkle somewhere).  The sentiment labels have inked edges, and I crocheted the flower myself.  The pinks all coordinate but the photo gremlins make them look different.


Label dies: Spellbinders
Doily Die: Spellbinders
Punch: Fiskars
Sentiment stamp: Penny Black
Flower: I crocheted it myself

Shared on challenges:

http://mojomonday.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/mojo-monday-433-contest.html
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/pile-it-on-101-homemade-embellishments.html
http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/time-out-challenge-49.html



4 comments:

brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brenda said...

Morning Carol,

I can't find a mail addy for you so popped over to leave a message, as well as taking a look at another lovely card from you. I have just added something to the Penny Black winners post (shame on me for not finishing it properly Friday !!) and as you may already have checked it out thought best to leave you a message so you can mail me (my link is on the winners post).

B x

Bunny said...

Pretty card. Love the homemade crocheted flower.

I know all about taking pictures and the colors don't come out the way you want them to no matter how many times you take them.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Carol. So shabby chic.